And, they keep on changing!
A previous version originally appeared in the How We Got Here section of Adapt! How to Survive and Thrive in the Changing World of Work, in 2009, Co-Authored by Steve Howard .
It ‘s no longer enough to simply dream – it’s now more about making the best decisions possible in uncertain, confusing times — whether as individuals, teams or as organizational leaders.
When we come to a crossroads in our lives the path you’ve been on may feel like a dead-end.
But, you have many more options available to you than you initially realize.
You can choose any one of 11 options:
- Change positions in same organization;
- Change organizations in same field;
- Change careers;
- Work in the same job while moonlighting;
- Start a business from scratch;
- Buy a business with its own customers;
- Buy a franchise with a proven business model;
- Launch a consulting practice;
- Turn a hobby or artistic talent into a lifestyle business;
- Move to a lower-cost-of-living community and live on your investments and volunteer; or
- Retire, yet freelance or consult to supplement your income.